Pages

March 9, 2011

A Lobster & Crab Penne

I usually don't make seafood as an entree because it's just not enough for dinner for Mr. J. I made this a dish for myself, I froze the leftovers in their own package to have at work. I usually never buy lobster for obviously costly reasons but Kroger had a sale two whole cooked lobsters for $5, so I had to get them, also they had a cluster of crab on sale for $3.50. I knew I wanted pasta when I saw the two. I just googled Lobster Crab Penne and What's on the Menu for The Today? popped up first on the list, Love at First Sight! I made a few changes of mine own for my taste but everything was so yummy! I forgot to take a pic of the end product but here is everything measured out. I like to do this pictures then just save the picture and that's my recipe card!! The picture is kind of small but when printed it works perfect for me!




Ingredients:1 cluster of Snow Crab legs
2 Lobster Tail
1 1/2 c. Penne Pasta
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbl butter or margarine (I used butter)
I garlic glove
1 c. milk or heavy cream (I used milk)
2 tbsp. chopped parsley

Salt, Pepper
Grated Parmesan

Directions:

The first step is included if you get fresh however mine was already cooked so I just slightly warmed it back up in the steamer and the pulled all the meat out. 

1.  Boil crab legs and lobster tail in salted water until done;  Approx. 10 min. When done, cool and then remove as much meat from shells as possible.

2.  Boil Penne Pasta in salted water until tender.  (*Tip - put about 1 tbsp of oil in the water to keep the pasta from sticking together.)

3.  In a large skillet, slowly melt butter over medium heat.  Add flour evenly spread throughout the skillet so that the butter soaks up the flour to form a paste.

4.  Gradually add milk/cream and whisk continuously.  Reduce heat as roux begins to thicken.  Add more milk as needed but not so much that roux turns watery.  It should have the consistency of gravy.

5.  Add seasoning to taste and chopped parsley.

6.  Add crab and lobster meat.

7. Combine penne with lobster & crab mixture. Serve with grated parm over top your serving.


Seriously this was amazing!! Hope you had a great weekend!


xoxo,
Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment