Pages

June 22, 2011

Homemade Coasters

I was trying to think of the perfect gift for my father in law, he is the man that has anything and everything and is super hard to shop for! But he loves his grandson so I know if I could incorporant him into the gift, it would be a hit! I was searchingblogs for inspiration and came across Lee La La post about DIY Tile Coasters. As soon as I saw it I knew it was what I wanted to make. This project is very simple and the cost makes it even better!!



Supplies:
4"x4" tile coasters
paper of your choice I used cardstock
printer
scissors
Mod Podge (Matte or Gloss)
paint brush
felt with adhesive backing

1. Print out a 4x6 photo onto paper.


2. Cut your print down to 4"x4"

3. Brush a thin coat of Mod Podge over your tile and paste your photo onto the tile. Let dry COMPLETELY! 
4.Once dry, put a thin coat of Mod Podge over your photo. Let dry completely.Repeat 2 more times, making sure each coat is dry before you do another, or else the paper will rip or smear.
5. To complete the coaster, cut out a 4"x4" piece of felt and attached it to the back.

xoxo,
Mrs. J


No comments:

Post a Comment