Pages

June 6, 2011

Eggs Benedict, My Way

Let me tell you breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day! Not that it's less of a favorite but I don't enjoy it like I used too, maybe it was because my mom always used to make it for me? I wanted something I had never had before and I always wanted to try Eggs Benedict or some version of it, well after looking at a million recipes it seemed I just came up with my own. My only fear in the past was I don't like runny eggs but I knew if maybe I tried it I would and oh boy I loved it!!!


SET UP THE TOASTER with Sandwich Thins
1 Sandwich Thin, toasted and (if you like) buttered or
Replace the butter with Ricotta like I did!

ASPARAGUS
1/2 pound skinny asparagus
1 tablespoon butter
Salt & pepper to taste

Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody ends. Cut into 1/4 inch pieces and saute in butter a skillet til just done.

HOW TO POACH EGGS
In a large shallow skillet, bring salted water and a splash of vinegar (which helps the whites set) to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a slow simmer. Carefully slip four eggs into the water (it helps to drop them in small bowls beforehand, then gently slip into the water) and let cook, using a spoon to ladle water over the tops if needed. Cook til just done. (With liquid or soft centers, the eggs will not be fully cooked and so shouldn't be served to anyone concerned about raw eggs or salmonella.) Remove with a slotted spoon, draining well.

I also added a two slices of bacon to mine.

Layers were:
Poached Egg
Avocado
Asparagus
Bacon
Ricotta
Sandwich Thin

O.M.G. it was amazing!!! I can't wait to make it all the time.

xoxo,
Mrs. J

No comments:

Post a Comment