Pages

October 21, 2012

DIY No-Sew Fabric Kindle Cover

So my grandma got a Kindle a while back and she asked me to set it up for her. I did so but while I did that I also downloaded 50 Shades of Grey the trilogy, The Hunger Games Trilogy, Jenny Lawson's, Let's Pretend This Never Happened. I read them all in less than three weeks. I had borrowed her kindle for almost a month and I knew I had to return. Finally, I handed it over. I was sad like a whole new world just opened up and I missed it. Sounds so silly, right? Well I just couldn't wait anymore I bought myself one! The first book I downloaded was The Perks of Being a Wildflower, which I haven't even read yet. I have been carrying this kindle with me everywhere hoping for a few moments to start. I was worried about carrying it in my purse and getting scratched, so I decided to make a cover. I had picked up some fabric from a local whole seller on Harwin. I honestly didn't even measure the fabric. I just cut out a large square enough to wrap the kindle twice like wrapping a present. I had plenty of hot glue and I cut the flaps of a cardboard box to make it a bit sturdier. Below are the pictures on how I did it. It's not perfect by any means but I did make it in less than twenty minutes and it fits perfect.

Supplies:
Scissors
Hot Glue
Fabric
Button
Hair Band








 
 
 
Like I said I know it is not perfect but it is perfect for me right now and it was way less expensive than  buying a cover. I am sure this method could work for any notebook or e-reader. I really want to find an anchor charm to add to this but I can not find one anywhere, can you help?
 
xoxo,
Mrs. J


1 comment:

  1. I love Perks of Being a Wallflower.. I read it years ago in high school. LOVE the case! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete