Pages

September 29, 2013

Rainy Sunday

I truely love waking up on Sunday to clouds and rain! I don't think there is much better. I haven't had a chance to go over the haul I got from the market yesterday. So when I opened up the brown bag and found Basil I knew I had to use it up right away. It was still early and I really wanted some eggs and the boys were asking for breakfast so I obliged, of course. I pulled all the leaves from the bunch of basil and popped them in the smaller jar for the nutribullet,(my new favorite kitchen toy). I had some smoked almonds that I added as well. The flavor is very good and bright. I love the vibrant color green over my eggs on rainy days like this. This recipe isn't even a recipe I just threw some stuff together to make this pesto. You can easily make a pesto from any green leafy stuff and some nuts, a little olive oil and that's it!!

Basil-Smoked Almond Pesto
1 bunch of basil
About 2 1/2 ounces of smoked almonds
1/2 cup garlic olive oil
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Blend all together until you have a spreadable sauce. Add te olive oil a little at a time, you may need more or prefer less.

xoxo,
Mrs J

1 comment: