Pages

May 26, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette


I like to eat salads with lots of ingredients. I love the way you can really build up the flavors and make very simple or very complex. Over the last few years I have been adding fruit but never really thought about strawberries. I saw pictures of beautiful green salads with bursts of red strawberries and just knew I had to try it right away. At my last farmers market trip I picked up a carton of strawberries with this in mind. I have ate this three days in a row! I loove it, a lot!





3 large strawberries
sliced half an avocado
cubed sprinkle of goat cheese
handful of baby spinach

Dressing
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, optional*
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup olive oil

Toss a few tablespoons of the dressing with the salad mix and desired salad ingredients, top with goat cheese and serve immediately.

If not using dressing right away, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.Handful Baby SpinachBeat the vinegar in a bowl with the optional sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil by droplets, whisking constantly. (Or place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine.) Taste and adjust the seasonings.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I love salads of all kinds as well. Looks like a good refresher on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete